In late 2015, Bergantino Audio Systems founder and head engineer Jim Bergantino launched the original B|Amp. This award-winning, ground-breaking bass amplifier broke a new mold, winning a host of awards and accolades, not only from the industry, but from the bass playing community worldwide.
With the B|Amp Mk2, this updated model gives the modern bassist even more tools for their sonic armory. Time never stands still, so Jim has taken all the goodness from the original B|Amp design and brought it forward, not only updating its look with a gorgeous new OLED screen, but also adding new and powerful features in the process, based on players’ feedback and suggestions.
Perfect for the studio, rehearsing at home, recording or playing live, the highly-advanced B|Amp Mk2 is incredibly flexible and delivers maximum performance in a lightweight, compact, yet intuitive package.
More than suitable for electric, electronic and amplified acoustic bass tones, B|Amp Mk2 plays well with any genre of music. With its 800 W RMS output, unique Speaker Profile System, 4-Band Multi-function EQ, Programmable Filters, built-in Chromatic Tuner, Variable-Ratio Compressor and BFT Drive Effects, it truly is a chameleon in the world of bass amplification.
- DSP Embedded System Controlled Bass Amplifier
- 800W RMS output (@ 2.67/2 Ω), 700W RMS (@ 4Ω), 350W RMS (@ 8Ω)
- 4-Band Multi-function EQ with adjustable frequency range and “Q”
- Programmable Filters: Bright Switch, Variable High-Pass, Low-Pass and Feedback Filters
- Built in Chromatic Tuner
- On-Board Variable-Ratio Compressor (VRC)
- Scene-savable choice of Serial and Parallel compression settings (NEW!)
- Multi-Effects – Overdrive, Distortion 1 or Distortion 2 (Fuzz)
- Scene-savable Clean/Dirty blend percentage for Drive effects (NEW!)
- User-Programmable Memory Settings
- Revolutionary Bergantino Speaker Profile EQ System
- Auxiliary Input and Headphone jacks – ideal for personal monitor and practice use
- Effects send and return loop
- Dual Speakon Outputs
- Studio-Quality DI – selectable Pre or Post EQ
- Line Output – pre-amp or tuner out
- Selectable Phase Output (Normal or Reverse)
- Software Speaker impedance matching, for optimal power transfer
- USB port: allows software upgrades/profiles, optional wireless footswitch connectivity and portable device charging
Drive Me Wild
Want some soft-clip purr added to your fundamental tone? With the Big Fat Tube (BFT) drive circuits, all of that is at your fingertips. Overdrive adds harmonic texture to the circuit, extending the voicing of the B|Amp closer to the tone of a tube amplifier. The Distortion 1 setting is voiced like a tube amplifier driven into clipping, while the Distortion 2 mode recreates a harder-hitting tone, reminiscent of classic pedals. Any of the three distinct drive tones can be used globally or easily saved in the memory settings. Also, you control how much drive you want mixed into your signal – even at 100% full drive, people will know who the bass player is.
Compress Not Depress
The built-in proprietary Bergantino Variable Ratio Compressor (VRC™) was designed to vary the compression ratio dynamically, to even out dynamics and thicken the notes for fingerstyle while curtailing large transients created by slap of pop style playing. In B|AMP Mk2, VRC now comes with two options: In Parallel mode, 50% of the signal passes through the compressor and then sums with the unaffected signal, for a note thickening that adds weight and smoothness to your tone. Conversely, Serial mode takes 100% of your bass signal and compresses it, giving you a more traditional, more affected compression sound, popular for many styles of playing.
With the memory storing capability of the B|AMP Mk2, a complete tonal scene, including compression, effects and tone EQs (including bright adjustment), can be stored in either of the onboard memory locations for future recall. With the optional Bluetooth Wireless Footswitch kit, you can store three settings and select any of them at your feet – without any cables!
Multifunction EQ Tone and Filters
The B|Amp Mk2 employs a quasi-parametric EQ that lets you hone in on any frequency in the band as well as adjust the Q width of that frequency. With its Variable Feedback Filter, B|Amp Mk2 lets you find and hone in on that note to attenuate it accordingly.